The mission of The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, called UT Health San Antonio, is to make lives better through excellence in education, research, health care and community engagement.
Strategies for achieving this mission are:
- Educating a diverse student body to become excellent health care providers and scientists.
- Engaging in research to understand health and disease.
- Commercializing discoveries, as appropriate, to benefit the public.
- Providing compassionate and culturally proficient health care.
- Engaging our community to improve health.
- Influencing thoughtful advances in health policy.
(Approved by The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board on April 25, 2012 and reaffirmed by The University of Texas System Board of Regents at the August 24-25, 2017 Board meeting.)