Alcohol Policy for Student Organizations

The Regents’ Rules and Regulations, Rule 80102, “Alcoholic Beverages” prohibits the use of alcoholic beverages on property and in buildings and facilities owned or controlled by the Health Science Center. However, the President may waive this prohibition with respect to any event sponsored by the University. An event is considered “sponsored” if a budgeted office or department of the Health Science Center is responsible for organizing the event, inviting attendees, and paying expenses related to the event, including the purchase of food and beverages; meetings or events organized and presented by registered faculty, staff, or student organizations are not events sponsored by the Health Science Center. State law relating to alcoholic beverages will be strictly enforced at all times on property and buildings and facilities owned or controlled by the Health Science Center.

All non-student requests should be made using the Request for Alcoholic Beverages on Campus. The form must be completed and submitted through the Chair or Director of the requesting sponsoring unit to the appropriate Executive Committee member (Dean or Vice President) at least ten (10) working days prior to the event. The Executive Committee Member will review the form and make a recommendation to the President as to whether or not the request should be approved.

Students must use the form entitled Request for Alcoholic Beverages on Campus for Student Organizations. The form should be submitted to the Office of Student Life for review and signature.  The Office of Student Life will forward the form to the appropriate institutional leadership for final review and signature.  Please see Section 8.2.3 “Use of Alcoholic Beverages on Campus”, of the Handbook of Operating Procedures  for a more detailed explanation of the policy.